It’s hard to believe, but Terra will celebrate the restaurant’s tenth anniversary October 4-8, 2016 with a unique menu full of dishes that represent cookbooks, chefs, mentors and experiences that have inspired Davis over the years. On Oct. 20, the restaurant will host a dinner with limited reservations featuring Chef Mike Davis and guest Chef Anthony Gray, executive chef of Bacon Bros. Public House in Greenville, S.C.
Terra’s Tenth Anniversary Special Menu
During the week of Oct. 4-8, diners at Terra will have the opportunity to enjoy a menu of standout dishes that have inspired Davis or represent important events over the years at the restaurant.
Want a peek at this special menu?
- Cauliflower steak with spiced yogurt, sultanas, toasted almonds and brown butter.
- Joby’s wonderful fried bologna platter with house made pretzel, ballpark mustard and pickled veggies!
- A favorite of the menu that just happens to come into season are half shell oysters. We love oysters at Terra and love to get in different varieties from all over the country each week.
- North Carolina catfish with Louisiana crawfish tails, spinach, red pepper, orzo, tasso cream and sherry mustard butter has always been a hit. We even prepared it at the James Beard House!
- From Terra’s original menu comes seared flounder with creamed leeks, wilted spinach, potato hay, and beurre rouge. We have made this dish every year here at Terra, so come get your fix.
Terra’s Tenth Anniversary Celebratory Dinner
On Oct. 20, Chef Anthony Gray will join Davis for a celebratory, reservations-only dinner. Each course will be paired with wines as the chefs introduce each course. A limited amount of reservations are available for $125 each and can be made by calling Terra at (803) 791-3443. Dinner starts with a reception at 6:30 p.m. and guests will be seated for dinner at 7 p.m.
Chef’s mission of leading a farm-to-table restaurant focusing on goods available seasonally and sourced locally was realized when Terra opened at the corner of State and Meeting Streets in the fall of 2006. A graduate of Johnston & Wales in Charleston, Davis had previously worked with James Beard Award-winners Chef Susan Spicer at Bayona in New Orleans and Chef Frank Stitt at Chez Fon Fon in Birmingham before opening Terra.
Since opening Terra, which is chef-owned and driven, Davis has been invited to cook at Taste of the South, the annual Southern Foodways Alliance Benefit, the James Beard House in New York City, Euphoria Greenville and Charleston Wine + Food. Terra has earned a DiRoNA distinction every year since the restaurant opened. Davis was named a Restaurant Hospitality Rising Star and has been featured in publications like Garden & Gun. Most recently, Free Times readers have voted Davis “Best Chef in Columbia three years in a row.
“Since opening Terra, we’ve seen the food community in Columbia grow so much, and diners are really educated and engaged in what we’re serving. We’re so excited to celebrate this milestone anniversary with friends of Terra,” said Davis. “We are so grateful to our talented staff and especially our diners for the last 10 years.”